“The best thing about working here is the staff, and the opportunity to grow.” Mara – Bike Builder
- There’s a lot of employers out there... What made you choose us?
I first started reading the customers’ reviews and they were all great. That told me a lot about the company and how the shop was set up.
- Tell us a bit about your role…
I started as a bike builder due to my experience, but with a bit of training from my colleagues I started doing mechanical jobs as well.
- What do you get up to on a typical day?
Whatever comes in. Bike builds, small repairs, bigger repairs, organising the working area, cleaning – if something needs to be done, let’s do it!
- What’s the best thing about working here?
Definitely the staff, and the opportunity to work and grow.
- What challenges have you faced and how did you deal with them?
Learning to deal with more difficult repairs until I got to the point where I didn’t need to ask for help anymore. This was possible because of great colleagues helping me and training me from the very beginning.
- Tell us about the training and development...
Training and development is coming to work every day and facing something new every day.
- What's been your biggest achievement?
The mechanical training.
- What do you think makes someone successful at Cycle Republic?
Being proactive and positive, no matter how hard the day is.
- And, to anyone thinking about applying, what would you tell them?
Come work in Fenchurch St!