“We’re a close team, the banter is ace and, as we are all from different cycling backgrounds, we support each other and share knowledge.” Luke – Customer Service Advisor
- There’s a lot of employers out there... What made you choose us?
There are great job prospects and I get to enjoy my hobby and pass on my experiences and knowledge to others.
- Tell us a bit about your role…
Primarily I am a sales advisor; the main part of that role is product knowledge and giving the best advice based on my experience.
- What do you get up to on a typical day?
Talking to like-minded people, sales, stock control, and ensuring team morale is high!
- What’s the best thing about working here?
We’re a close team, the banter is ace and, because we are all from different cycling backgrounds, we support each other and share knowledge. That makes us a solid unit.
- What challenges have you faced and how did you deal with them?
My confidence talking to others was very low when I first started. I used to work for a local competitor, but being the ‘new guy’ I didn’t get much chance to gain confidence around my old colleagues. Here, I have had the support to work on my anxiety and now feel happy to chat to any customer.
- Tell us about the training and development...
Most of my training has been in house, with dedicated trainers coming to the shop to train us on the systems and on more specific things such as pre-delivery inspections, ensuring the bikes we deliver are to the highest standards possible.
- What's been your biggest achievement?
I was picked to attend a day with the owner of Basso bikes and got to ride out with him, it was a great day!
- What do you think makes someone successful at Cycle Republic?
They need to be someone who is a team player, is friendly, and they MUST love bikes – it’s all we talk about!
- And, to anyone thinking about applying, what would you tell them?
Do it! There’s nothing better than working with top end bikes, talking to enthusiastic customers who want to chat, and helping them choose their next bike.