“I feel like I have developed a lot of skills through working at Cycle Republic.” Gabi – Customer Service Assistant
- There’s a lot of employers out there... What made you choose us?
Cycle Republic were one of the few willing to take me on, being new to the trade, and are a reputable company where I can learn a lot.
- Tell us a bit about your role…
I assist customers with products and bikes through my knowledge and experience.
- What do you get up to on a typical day?
Till work, customer service/advising, ordering, putting out stock, and adjusting and printing out POS.
- What’s the best thing about working here?
Deeper learning about different aspects of the industry and colleague discounts on bike accessories! Lots of FUN!
- What challenges have you faced and how did you deal with them?
I came in as quite inexperienced in the world of new and higher end bikes, but through my colleagues I feel far more knowledgeable in these areas and can provide far better customer service.
- Tell us about the training and development...
I feel like I have developed a lot in my skills through working here due to generally quite open attitudes to learning, including patience and allowing us to learn at our own pace.
- What's been your biggest achievement?
I can't say there is one particular event, but my level of competence from when I started working here compared to now is quite large.
- What do you think makes someone successful at Cycle Republic?
A real passion for bikes and the cycling industry, a willingness to learn and teach, a friendly personality, and respect for others around them.
- And, to anyone thinking about applying, what would you tell them?
Be open and honest, show your passion!